Duchenne UK Community Webinar: Community Discussion: Lockdown and shielding
20th May 2020
This week, our webinar took the format of a community discussion about lockdown and shielding.
We covered the following topics:
- Unplanned hospital admissions
- Shielding & schooling
- Sharing positives!
Our cofounders Alex Johnson & Emily Crossley were joined by Dr Chiara Marini-Bettolo (Consultant Neurologist, Newcastle University) and Panelists from the DMD community: Jo Eames, Nick Catlin, Phillippa Farrant, Lisa Kuhwald, Peter Duffy.
Thank you all for your really useful input!
Watch the recording below:
- Emergency website duchenneemergency.co.uk
- Family guide https://bit.ly/dmdfamilyguide
- Government website www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- NHS website https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- My Cortisol App for advice on using your hydrocortisone pack
- WDO website https://www.worldduchenne.org/news/live-covid-19-coronavirus-and-duchenne-becker-muscular-dystrophy/