Duchenne UK Community Webinar: Education with Decipha
6th May 2020
On Wednesday 6th of May, we were joined by Decipha's Nick Catlin and Janet Hoskin to discuss education, homeschooling and preparing for return to school.
Watch a recording of the webinar here:
Useful resources from the discussion:
- IDL Literacy and Numeracy: https://idlsgroup.
- Read and write Inc: Parents Guide
- First set of Ruth Miskin Books, click here
- Audiobooks Audible or Listening books
- Barrington Stoke - books for range of ages and abilities and offer high interest but easier access chapter books: click here
- Dragon dictate: click here
- SPaG.com : SPaG.com provides KS1 and KS2 practice punctuation & grammar tests.
- Times Tables Rockstars: https://
- Century tech: https://www.century.
- Seneca learning: https://www.
- GCSE pod: https://www.gcsepod.com/
- BBC Bitesize: https://www.bbc.co.
- Twinkl: https://www.
- Purple Mash: https://www.purplemash.
- An App called “Doodle” for maths, spelling and English
- Google Classroom
- Schools EduLink app
- Oak National Academy https://www.
Encourage those Special Interests and vocabulary!:
- Natural History Museum: https://www.nhm.ac.uk/
- Science Museum: https://www.
- British Museum: https://blog.
For information on EHCPs and other SEND issues :
Special Needs Jungle: https://www.
IPSEA offer good training and advice on legal SEND : https://www.ipsea.org.uk/
Other useful resources
- Emergency website duchenneemergency.co.uk
- Family guide https://bit.ly/dmdfamilyguide
- Government website www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- NHS website https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- My Cortisol App for advice on using your hydrocortisone pack
- WDO website https://www.worldduchenne.org/news/live-covid-19-coronavirus-and-duchenne-becker-muscular-dystrophy/
We will be hosting regular webinars. Please follow the Duchenne UK Facebook page, or check back here for more information.
Published on 6 May 2020Share this articleCategories Patient care & support