Virtual Wigan Bike Ride 2020
After consultation with our Charity Trustees, we have decided to stage the 2020 ride as our FIRST EVER VIRTUAL RIDE! And we want you to be part of it!
As a charity we have been pretty devastated by the cancellation of not only our own flagship events but of the hundreds of other events which our amazing JJ Army take part in.
We love seeing everyone donning their Team JJ colours for the Bike Ride so we thought this would be the perfect way to bring everyone together - virtually speaking - and get Wigan on Wheels sporting their Team JJ colours once again.
Here's how it will work:
- All riders registered up to March 22 for this year's Wigan Bike Ride will be automatically transferred to the 2020 Virtual Wigan Bike Ride.
- From July 5 to July 31, you can complete a 50 Mile bike ride. This can either be the traditional Wigan Bike Ride route * (available on our website HERE) or a 50 Mile route of your choice.
- This can be completed in one ride or in a number of smaller rides to complete the 50 mile total - 10 miles over 5 days, 5 miles over 10 days, or even 2 miles over 25!
- All we ask is that you email evidence of your completed ride - this can be a Strava screenshot, a picture of you in your Team JJ colours, or a short video, to [email protected] and we would love you to tag both our event and Joining Jack in any social media post using the hashtag #wiganonwheels
- Everyone who completes the 2020 Virtual Wigan Bike Ride will receive a special edition Joining Jack Develop UK Virtual Wigan Bike Ride T-shirt and Joining Jack medal - to be posted out w/b August 9.
As a registered rider:
- All riders who signed up to our event before registration was suspended in March will receive a 50% discount for the 2021 Wigan Bike Ride.
- All riders who ordered a Team JJ 2020 Bike Ride Jersey will also receive a full refund for the cost of the jersey as we have been unable to produce these during lockdown. They will be contacted separately to arrange this (PLEASE NOTE: The official 50 Mile Wigan BIke route WILL NOT be signposted)
Published on 28 June 2017Share this articleCategories Uncategorised