Ten posts in place to support UK clinical trial capacity
TEN POSTS IN PLACE TO SUPPORT UK CLINICAL TRIAL CAPACITY
Duchenne UK (including partner charity Joining Jack) contributes £542,121
In December 2015, eight patient organisations, who are working to help support clinical trial development for Duchenne muscular dystrophy, announced £1.2million of investment, to fund sixteen clinical posts.
Today we are pleased to announce that TEN of those SIXTEEN posts have now been recruited.
The posts are at Great Ormond Street Hospital in London, The John Walton Muscular Dystrophy Research Centre at Newcastle University, University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust and Alder Hey Children’s Hospital in Liverpool.
The funding was put together in just six months, after an unprecedented meeting in Newcastle in July 2015 - out of which came the Newcastle Plan - where patient organisations, clinicians, representatives from industry and from the NHS and the National Institute of Health Research, gathered together to address the lack of capacity for Duchenne research at neuromuscular centres in the UK.
NOW, only thirteen months after the workshop, there are already ten research-related posts in place all over the UK, making a difference to patients and their families TODAY.
These posts are funded by: Action Duchenne, Alex’s Wish, Duchenne Now, Duchenne Research Fund, Duchenne UK, Harrison’s Fund, Joining Jack, MDUK, the GOSH NHS Trust and Great Ormond Street Hospital Charity.
Here are details of the posts:
The John Walton Muscular Dystrophy Research Centre at Newcastle University
- Clinical Trial Co-ordinator in post
- Research Physiotherapist appointed
- Administrative post, Nurse and Clinical Research Associate close to appointment
Alder Hey Children’s Hospital in Liverpool
- Research Physiotherapist in post
- Trials Co-ordinator and Clinical Fellow currently recruiting
Great Ormond Street Hospital in London
These posts are being funded in collaboration with the GOSH NHS Trust and GOSH charity
- Two Clinical Research Fellows appointed
- Two Research Physiotherapists posts appointed
- Physiotherapy Assistant appointed
- Clinical Trial Co-ordinator appointed - with support from the family of Jacques Joubert
- A senior lecturer is close to appointment
- Professor and Data Manager being recruited
University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust
- Clinical Research Physiotherapist being recruited
Published on 12 August 2016Share this article Categories Access to treatments