Terms and conditions of New Horizons 2024
This agreement (which incorporates these Terms and Conditions and the New Horizons 2024 Registration Form) is made between:
Duchenne UK (“DUK”) a registered charity (charity number 1147094), whose Registered Office is located at Duchenne UK, Unit G20, Shepherd’s Building, Charecroft Way, Hammersmith, London W14 0EE
You as an individual because you wish to participate in the Duchenne UK (DUK) New Horizons conference (the “Event”).
By accepting these terms and conditions in the New Horizons Registration Form, you undertake and confirm as follows:
That you wish to attend the Duchenne UK New Horizons Conference taking place on 1-2 March 2024 in London.
If you fall into one of the following categories, entry to the event is free of charge:
Adult with Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD)
Parent/caregiver to a person with DMD
Relative to a person with DMD
There is an applicable registration fee or supplementary cost for the following categories, which is payable to DUK upon receipt of an invoice:
Academic, researcher or student
Patient organisation representative
- You understand and agree that any applicable registration fees are non-refundable (including, but not limited to, in the case of withdrawal, alteration or cancellation of the Event except to the extent described in the paragraph below, or if you decide to withdraw your consent to our processing your personal information (as detailed on the registration form). The reason for this is that the registration fee is to cover the costs incurred by DUK associated with your participation in the Event and if you withdraw from the Event or the Event is altered or cancelled, DUK will not be able to recover all of its committed and other costs from its suppliers.
- Event cancellation due to Covid-19: We reserve the right to cancel: (a) the Event (in whole or in part); or (b) your participation in the Event due to, or as a result of, any restrictions and/or guidance imposed by relevant authorities (such as the UK Government, devolved governments, and/or local government authorities) or applicable laws relating to the Covid-19 pandemic (the “Restrictions”). We may, for example and without limitation, cancel the Event and/or your participation in the Event if, in our sole opinion, the Event and/or your participation in the Event is unlawful, unsafe, or undesirable in view of the Restrictions. If the Event is cancelled for any of the reasons described in this paragraph then DUK will reimburse the registration fee to you as soon as is reasonably possible. For the avoidance of doubt, should you contract Covid-19 or need to self-isolate due to Covid-19 and, as a result, cannot participate in the Event, DUK shall not be obliged to refund the registration fee to you.
- Covid-19 testing for entry into events: Should testing for Covid-19 be re-introduced in time for New Horizons Should the relevant authorities (such as the UK Government, devolved governments, and/or local government authorities) confirm such guidelines participants will be notified. Participants agree to comply with guidelines and requirements as specified.
- Places to the event, can only be offered as available and are only confirmed when the registration form has been completed and submitted. No places can be held.
- That you understand that should you be obliged to withdraw through illness or through another unforeseen circumstance it may be possible, with the agreement of DUK (which shall be at its sole discretion), for another person to step into your place. In these circumstances, provided that the person stepping into your place pays any applicable registration fee, any registration fee you have incurred will be refunded to you and the organisers agree to use reasonable efforts to assist with this administrative change.
- That you understand that DUK reserves the right to alter the agenda and/or cancel the Event for any unforeseen circumstances that render this necessary.
- You understand that DUK holds public liability and event insurance for this Event, details of these insurance policies are available on request.
- You understand that personal equipment (phones, laptops, tablets) are not covered by the insurance procured by DUK and is the responsibility of the individual delegate.
- You understand that at this Event or related activities, you may be photographed and/or filmed. You agree to grant DUK, the event holders, producers, sponsors and organisers permission to store and use any photo, video or film featuring yourself throughout the world in all and any media including in printed publications, presentations, promotional materials, photography exhibitions, or on the relevant party’s website.
- That you are fully responsible for your actions whilst participating in the Event and acknowledge and agree that DUK does not accept responsibility for your actions nor the consequences of such actions.
- You understand that your email address will be added to the New Horizons 2024 Delegate database and you will be sent information relating to New Horizons 2024.
- You understand that if you select one of the contact options in respect of DUK contacting you with details of its fundraising methods, your details will become part of DUK supporter’s database and that you may be sent materials by the method indicated relating to information and other fundraising activities in the future.
- You understand that you can contact DUK on the email address: NewHorizons@duchenneuk.org at any time should I wish to be removed from such database and DUK will remove me accordingly.
- This agreement shall be governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Limitations of liability
DUK does not limit or exclude its liability to a greater extent than is permitted by applicable laws for (i) death or personal injury caused by its negligence; (ii) any fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation by DUK; or (iii) anything else which cannot be excluded or limited by applicable law. Subject to the preceding sentence, DUK is a charity and is conducting this Event in its capacity as a charity and as part of its fundraising efforts and therefore shall not be liable to you for any claims for any of the following: (i) loss or damage to property; (ii) personal injury or death (except where caused by DUK’s negligence); (iii) loss of profit or revenue (such as earnings); or (iii) indirect or consequential losses arising under or in connection with this agreement or the Event.